- Package of chicken thighs (can substitute breasts)
- Chicken broth
- Sea salt and fresh ground pepper
- Half a jalapeno and/or half an habanero seeded and chopped (leave a few seeds in if you love the heat like I do!)
- Half an onion or a whole shallot chopped
- Olive oil
- Place 1 to 2 tbsp of olive oil in a saute pan and heat for a minutes on medium
- Lightly season both sides of the chicken thighs with the salt and pepper
- Place the chicken pieces in the pot and allow it to brown on one side between 4 to 6 minutes. Turn the pieces over and repeat the browning process. Place the chicken on a plate when done.
- Add your chopped peppers and onions to the pan and allow them saute for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add your chicken back to the pan and pour the chicken broth inside so that the level reaches the top of the chicken.
- Cover your pan, turn the heat to low and allow the chicken to continue cooking for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Place the chicken on a plate and spoon some of the broth over it. Position some of the chillies and onions over the top of the chicken.
If you have a cold or stuffed up sinuses, shred the chicken, place it in a bowl and add more chicken broth to create a hot, delicious soup. You will be breathing well again in no time!